Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Pushing forward with B Class

As mentioned in the title, this post is about moving forward towards the completion of one of my B class diesels.
I remember when I was young I lived not far from Traralgon station. I used to beg my parents to take me for a walk to watch the trains. My memories were mostly of V/Line orange B and T classes with the occasional railmotor for an exciting change! I loved the shape of the B classes with its bulldog noses. When I started looking into the railways of Victoria I found the old Victorian Railways livery very appealing, so I knew that when I got into N scale modelling a VR B would be a must. After purchasing two of Peter Boormans B class kits I started the long process of detailing the first locomotive. Adding bits and pieces here and there it took around a year and a half to get it to the point of painting it. That was last night. Now painted (thanks to the help of Paul) the next step is to add paint to the details and add decals.

Before......


The handles on the front are too long so have been removed and will be altered when the decals get pleced on.
This picture showing the automatic staff exchanger i mage out of a tiny piece of brass etch.


After.....

These ones showing the lift rings that were painstakingly placed on the roof.

Ill post some pics once the decalling is done.

Happy modelling!


Adrian

No comments:

Post a Comment