Sunday, December 14, 2008

Bit of Background

Gday everyone. I thought that since I have created a T gauge blog, and dont have any actual T gauge yet, I might start a N scale blog outlining all my N scale adventures.


History bout me!
I am a huge fan of the former Victorian Railways which operated railways from the turn of the 20th century right through to the late 1970s. I love the rolling stock, locomotives, infrastructure and the scenery from rolling plains to grassy flats, dense forrest and coastal views......basically everything that added to the charm of the old VR. I personally never experienced this first hand, however try to expose myself to much of what is left.

I first ventured into modelling at a young age building static model cars, my favourite being 'movie cars' (Herbie, Ghostbusters, MadMax Interceptor etc). Building up quite a collection I started to find myself not enjoying building models as much as I had used to. Simply building stating models and watching them gather dust on the shelf didnt seem to be enough. I wanted more!!

I had always liked trains but never thought of venturing into model railways. I was in a model store in Melbourne and noticed the vast selection of model railway kits and accessories and from then I was hooked. This relit my passion for the railways and modelling. I first ventured into HO modelling with my first set consisting of a moderate loop of track, transformer, scenery and an American locomotive and rolling stock. This kept me amused for a while until I moved into the Australian prototype market. It wasnt long before I had collected a small selection of assorted locomotives and rolling stock. I had purchased all of the HO 'LJ Models' card buildings and had built most of them when I met Paul Blake.
I had known Paul on and off for a few years through his love of his LE Monaro (http://le-monaro.blogspot.com/). Talking to Paul on one occasion a few years ago I mentioned I was into trains and modelling. Well did his eyes light up!! He mentioned he had too been into Victorian modelling however in N scale. It was when Paul showed me some of his collection I think my eyes lit up!! From there I sold all my HO models and accessories (apart form my Victorian Locos and rollingstock) and have been modelling in N scale ever since.

This blog will be dedicated to projects on the go and rolling stock I have completed. Currently I have an assortment of Victorian rolling stock however much of it in not complete. So this is a good time to 'tune in' as I undertake the task of completing it all.

Cheers
Adrian

No comments:

Post a Comment